Link to Home
Become a Foster/ Adoptive Parent
What To Expect
When Becoming A Foster Home
Frequently Asked Questions
In State Court Systems
In Cherokee Tribal Court
Guardianships & Private Adoptions
Parent Resources 101
Glossary of Key Terms
Parent Resource Guide
Books and Video Resources
Indian Child Welfare Act
Read the Act
Questions related to the Act
To learn more about our program, please submit your information below and our resource family coordinator will contact you and answer any questions. Wa-do
Click here if you would like to receive the Monthly Cherokee Nation Indian Child Welfare Newsletter via email.
Contact CN ICW
QUESTIONS COMMONLY ASKED BY RESOURCE PLACEMENT HOMES
Select the category for display
Legal Risk Questions
1. Question: Do we both have to be Indian to be a Resource home for Cherokee Nation?
2. Question: Can single parents be a Placement Resource home?
3. Question: How long does it take to become certified as a Cherokee Nation Placement Resource home?
4. Question: What is a home study?
5. Question: Who sees my home study?
6. Question: Can I get a copy of my home study?
7. Question: How do we get a home study if we don't live in Oklahoma?
1. Question: How much does it cost to be a Resource Home for Cherokee Nation?
2. Question: What if all the adults in the household work outside of the home, can the home still be a Placement Resource Home?
3. Question: Will we receive any financial help?
4. Question: Is there daycare assistance available for each child placed with me?
1. Question: What do you mean by a fost/adopt placement?
2. Question: What is a legal risk placement?
3. Question: Do I have any legal standing prior to the termination of parental rights?
1. Question: Once I am certified, how long does it take to receive placement of a Cherokee child?
2. Question: Does each child placed in my home have to have their own bedroom?
3. Question: Will we receive placement of a child if we live outside the state of Oklahoma?
4. Question: How am I selected for placement of a child?
5. Question: As a Placement Resource Home, what is expected once I receive placement?
6. Question: As a Placement Resource Home, what should I do if an emergency arises regarding a child placed in my home?
7. Question: What if I need some advice on how to properly care for a child? Or maybe I have a general policy question and it is not an emergency?